Sunday 22 January 2012

Sunday afternoon



Grey skies and a keen wind made for a brisk walk down to Salhouse Broad this afternoon.

Bit of a flock frenzy, probably scared by the lonely hire boat.................
Back at the workshop the wood burner had been warming the place up nicely while I was off admiring the view. On Thursday I threw a dozen small platters and some bowls on Friday. I am willing them to be firm enough to turn soon. What with the big platters and a whole load of other work drying, I'm seriously in danger of running out of room.
Using soggy pots as my excuse for a cuppa and a sit down, my thoughts turn to The British Craft Trade Fair www.bctf.co.uk in Harrogate from April 15th -17th.
I learnt a lot last year, both from my own display and a looking at those of others. Some people went to an immense amount of trouble, others just plonked themselves down on a chair with their work next to them. I will remember the chair this year though! Eleven hours of standing on the first day left me hobbling to the pub for my evening meal.
I looked at some prices for hotels and B&B in Harrogate, but they were dreadfully expensive, Harrogate is quite posh. Looks like I will be staying onsite at Cell Block H again, a bargain at £18 per night. All mod cons not provided, bring your own bedding and towel, no electric socket in the roooms and a gents urinal in the Ladies Toilet. .. No one told me it was going to be this glamourous as a Craftsperson!

No comments:

Post a Comment